Mice Removal Maple
Icon Pest & Wildlife is your source for the best mice removal in Maple.
Decades of field experience inform our practices and proven techniques. Highly capable, licensed and insured Icon Pest technicians have the skills, tools and know-how needed to rid your home and business from mice, rats, critters and wildlife including skunks, raccoons, squirrels, among others.
We can help you get back to sleeping soundly again. No gimmicks. No hassle. 100% professional service, guaranteed.
Call Icon Pest and Wildlife Control with your questions, concerns & service pricing for mice removal at (647) 325-9060
Why hire Icon Pest for mice removal in Maple
- Prompt and easy scheduling of inspections & treatments. We provide a 24 Hour emergency response when you need it most as well as free, no-obligation service quotes
- Comprehensive inspection of your property, including interior and exterior areas to develop a full understanding of the problem
- Budget-friendly, highly affordable remedies to present you with options that are appropriate to your unique situation
- Dependable, knowledgeable and respectful technicians on-call to deliver superior service
- The one-stop shop for all your pest control needs. Monthly and annual control & management programs available at outstanding prices
Preventing mice and rodent entry
To prevent rodent infestations, entry points and nesting sites throughout your home need to be reduced or eliminated entirely.
To eliminate entry points, start by sealing any gaps, holes, cracks, and crevices mice use to enter your home. Mice are capable of squeezing through very small holes, as small as the size of a nickel. This means you have to be diligent in inspecting your property foundation to ensure they do not have easy access to your home.
Home improvement and hardware stores have a wide array of sealants and products to help you achieve an air-tight foundation. Openings and holes for electrical, plumbing, cable, and gas lines along with vents for mechanical equipment and appliances are a common area of concern and need to be closely examined for gaps and holes. Windows and doors require proper sealing. Roof, attic and crawl spaces are common entry points as well.
Eliminate possible nesting sites outside of your home by keeping the grass cut short and shrubbery well-trimmed. Elevate yard waste bags, woodpiles, and garbage bins above ground (1 foot or so) and remove old appliances, tires and scrap waste that mice are drawn to as ‘safe havens’ from human detection.
Eliminating mice food sources
While mice and rats can infiltrate any property, the fact remains that proper sanitation and food storage have been and remain to be the most effective control against infestations. You can eliminate mice food sources by:
- Performing routine cleaning of spilled food and food scraps in your home, and keep outside cooking areas, BBQ’s and grill equipment clean.
- Do not leave household garbage exposed and accessible. It is recommended to use thick plastic or metal garbage bins with tight lids to keep them ‘rodent-free’.
- Store food in thick plastic or metal containers with tight lids, especially grains and cereals. Mice easily chew through cardboard and paper packaging. In fact, loose materials are their preferred nest construction materials.
Cleaning mice urine and droppings
Mice infestations can contaminate the air and environment. Contaminated dust from mouse urine and feces is hazardous to humans. Please take precautions when cleaning up rodent-infested areas in your home and business.
- Mice urine has a strong ammonia-like smell. Before you start to clean up your home, ventilate the environment for a min. 30 minutes and allow fresh air to enter the area.
- Avoid sweeping and vacuuming droppings and nesting materials as they can stir up dust into the air. Instead, work to clean up the urine, feces, and nesting materials by using a paper towel to pick up the urine and droppings, and dispose of the waste in sealed garbage bags.
- Wearing rubber or latex gloves is recommended when spraying disinfectant or bleach & water solution to the infestation areas. Allow the disinfectant to penetrate the surface for a min. 5 minutes.
- Use disinfectant to clean kitchen countertops, cabinets and cupboards and mop your floors. If you suspect your bedding or clothing has been contaminated, wash your items in hot water using laundry detergent.
- Disposing of dead mice and rodents requires certain precautions as well. Avoid contact by wearing latex or vinyl gloves, place the carcasses in tightly sealed plastic bags and garbage bin covered with a lid. Wash your hands to ensure you have protected yourself from any contamination.
If you have a mice infestation problem and need mice removal in Maple, please call Icon Pest and Wildlife Control anytime at (647) 325 9060