Rat Removal in Brampton
The Ideal Approach to Rat Removal in Brampton
At Icon Pest, we believe the ideal approach to rat removal in Brampton is with traps strategically placed throughout your home, business, or area of infestation. All possible entry points will also need to be assessed and properly sealed in order to prevent re-infestation.
We value humane and eco-friendly treatment options for rat removal and do not recommend the use of poisons. Over time, the rats will ingest this poison and then die in areas you don’t see. This will eventually cause a foul smell in your home and possible staining, turning one problem into another.
Common Signs of Need for Rat Removal in Brampton
It’s important to know when to call Icon Pest for rat removal in Brampton. When in doubt, give us a call, but there are some signs you can look for:
- Scratching or scampering sounds
It’s likely that the first sign you’ll notice is a sound. Rats are not quiet animals. Their claws make scratching noises and you’ll often hear the pitter patter of their feet scurrying around in your walls, ceilings, floors or in your cabinets, especially at night.
- Ammonia-Like Smell
Rat urine has a distinct smell. It is often described as smelling like ammonia and is a pretty sure sign that you have an infestation, as the more rats, the more urine.
Rats tend to follow the same paths, leaving feces along the way. These droppings look like dark grains of rice and can be found anywhere they are traveling but you’ll often notice them in your kitchen first.
- Home damage
While looking for food and building their nests, rats will gnaw on a variety of materials in your home like papers, furniture, carpet, boxes, plastic items, just to name a few. But also be on the lookout for more extensive damage like chewed wiring, drywall, ceilings or other structural damage.
If you do notice any of these common signs of rats, call Icon Pest to inspect your home or business and offer effective treatment options for rat removal in Brampton.
How to Prepare for Your Rat Removal in Brampton
While no preparation is necessary, you can help prepare for your rat removal in Brampton by taking a few steps to support your experts at Icon Pest get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Prep the kitchen: Put away any food in the kitchen or around the house. Keep it in air tight containers or inside the fridge. Throw out any food you think may be contaminated. Stow away any items you can around your kitchen, on your counters and around your stove. Clear the sink of dirty dishes.
- Clean: Vacuum and sweep your house. In addition to taking out all of the trash, make sure all trash cans have secure lids. Clear away any clutter and put away any unnecessary boxes or bags. The less places the rats can hide the better.
- Note rat sightings: Make a list of any areas you’ve seen rats or any signs of them. This will help your Icon Pest expert better target their trap and bait locations to where the rats are most active.
- Dispose of droppings: When you find rat feces or urine it’s important to immediately and carefully dispose of it. It can carry various diseases and should not be handled with bare skin. Use gloves and disinfectant spray.
Your Icon Pest expert is ready for your rat removal in Brampton no matter what condition your home is in, but these measures can help make the job a little more efficient.
What Customers Say About Icon Pest’s Rat Removal in Brampton
Icon Pest has been providing high quality rat removal in Brampton for decades. With a 97% customer satisfaction rating, you’re sure to be happy with our services. Here’s what a few of our clients have had to say:
“Mr. Mason came on time to my house and explained what he is going to do and what we need to do after, he did a very great job professionally with care and I am extremely satisfied with the result. I gladly recommend him and Icon to all my neighbors and friends.”
“Excellent service, knowledgeable staff and friendly attitude. They were very highly recommended to us by our relatives, and we understand why that is. Highly recommended.”
“Steve was absolutely amazing. He made sure to send videos and pictures of the damage on the roof and inside the attic caused by the animals and the after pictures/videos of his great work. He took time to explain everything each step of the way. Highly recommend their services. Thanks so much Steve, can’t wait to have some peaceful sleep and not get woken up every night.”
We know you’ll be as pleased with our service as these clients when you hire Icon Pest for your rat removal in Brampton.