Rat Removal in Markham
Hire Icon Pest for Rat Removal in Markham
Once you discover a need for rat removal in Markham in your home or business, you want to know that it’s being done right so that your experience with these pests is over quickly. Icon Pest provides the best service with proven techniques for rat removal in Markham.
- Our methods have been proven effective in rat removal in Markham for decades. We know what we’re doing and we do it quickly, effectively and affordably.
- We understand the difficulties involved with discovering rats in your home or business. It’s not uncommon to feel scared, violated, unsanitary and overwhelmed. This is why we respond so quickly, scheduling your inspection within 24 hours.
- We thoroughly inspect all areas of your home and business, inside and out, to identify any potential rat activity and entry points. This includes your yard and any sheds or buildings on your property.
- We offer a variety of proven treatment options including humane, eco-friendly and highly-effective trapping techniques.
- We will identify points of access for these pests and properly secure your property to prevent future infestation.
- We offer regularly scheduled maintenance checks and follow-up service to ensure you never have to deal with a re-infestation.
- We offer competitive pricing and straightforward quotes. We provide full transparency with our service.
- We have a 97% customer satisfaction rate after helping thousands of valued clients with their rat removal in Markham.
Our success is based on our core business values of quality, value and transparency. Our decades of experience in rat removal in Markham will leave you feeling clean, secure at peace again in your home or business, we guarantee it.
Prepare for Your Rat Removal in Markham
While no preparation is necessary, you can help prepare for your rat removal in Markham by taking a few steps to support your experts at Icon Pest get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Prep the kitchen: Put away any food in the kitchen or around the house. Keep it in air tight containers or inside the fridge. Throw out any food you think may be contaminated. Stow away any items you can around your kitchen, on your counters and around your stove. Clear the sink of dirty dishes.
- Clean: Vacuum and sweep your house. In addition to taking out all of the trash, make sure all trash cans have secure lids. Clear away any clutter and put away any unnecessary boxes or bags. The less places the rats can hide the better.
- Note rat sightings: Make a list of any areas you’ve seen rats or any signs of them. This will help your Icon Pest expert better target their trap and bait locations to where the rats are most active.
- Dispose of droppings: When you find rat feces or urine it’s important to immediately and carefully dispose of it. It can carry various diseases and should not be handled with bare skin. Use gloves and disinfectant spray.
Your Icon Pest expert is ready for your rat removal in Markham no matter what condition your home is in, but these measures can help make the job a little more efficient.
Properly Cleanse Your Space After Rat Removal in Markham
Always take precautions when cleaning up after your rat removal in Markham. This will significantly reduce your risk of contracting any diseases or viruses.
Icon Pest will have humanely removed all rats from your property. Now you need to immediately remove all urine, feces, and nesting materials to prevent any further contamination or illness in your home or business.
Step 1: Open windows and doors for 30 minutes before cleaning to ensure proper ventilation. Vacate the area while it is airing out.
Step 2: Put on rubber or plastic gloves. You may even want to wear a mask as breathing in dried rat feces can transmit disease.
Step 3: Spray urine and droppings with new disinfectant spray to ensure proper strength or make your own solution using 1 part bleach to 9 parts water. Allow the feces or urine to soak in this solution for 5 minutes. Also clean any countertops, cabinets or drawers.
Step 4: It’s best to use paper towels to clean the solution so you can dispose of them immediately after use.
Step 5: Go back over the area with disinfectant using a mop or sponge.
Step 6: Discard any possibly contaminated items that you no longer need. Contaminated items such as paper or cardboard should not be kept.
Step 7: Properly dispose of the trash in an outside trash bin with a secure lid.
Step 8: Wash your hands in disinfectant with your gloves still on before removing them.
Step 9: Then wash your hands with soap and warm water after removing the gloves.