Do you need help with silverfish removal in Newmarket? With over 25 years of experience, Icon Pest can help you! Don’t waste your time or energy worrying about silverfish; let Icon Pest take over. We work hard to make your life easier every time.
Some homes and businesses are more susceptible to pests and therefore need to take action before a problem occurs. Contacting the professionals at Icon Pest to talk about prevention is critical to saving you time and money in the long run. We are ready to help with any part of your pest issue.
When pests are around, getting professional help is the best option. Icon Pest has more than 25 years of experience and the best tools at hand to get the job done right. Are you ready for Icon Pest to take care of your pest issues? Our professionals know about animal biology, so they successfully develop and implement treatment plans.
Silverfish Removal in Newmarket
Icon Pest wants you to live a pest-free life. Therefore, we train our staff extensively and offer free inspection services. We are proud that our team confidently deals with clients in a considerate and supportive way.
Silverfish can enter your house and live in many different areas. When storing old documents, clothing, and pictures, it is essential to have an air-tight container, so pests like silverfish don’t destroy your papers or memories.
Silverfish often breed in places like beds. They love the darkness between the bedsprings and cushions and your body temperature mixed with the room temperature; it’s their ideal environment.
Silverfish look for damp areas with high humidity for their nests. They lay eggs in rocks and crevices. You often find them in the following places:
- Laundry rooms
- Around heating and water pipes
Silverfish eat a variety of products. They tend to eat food filled with carbohydrates and sugar, such as the following.
- Rolled oats.
Silverfish indeed eat whatever they can. They also consume non-food items, such as these products.
- Wallpaper paste
More About Silverfish
The more knowledge you have about these insects, the better prepared you are to deal with them.
- Silverfish are most active at night, so you often see them out and about looking for food at this time.
- Outside, silverfish eat vegetable matter.
- You may find silverfish on your hairbrush or bed since they feed on dandruff and human hair. If you wake up with these insects on your pillowcase or scalp, it is time to take action. Even though silverfish will not bite you, no one wants to share a bed with creepy crawlies.
- One way to know what you are dealing with is to pay attention to Insect droppings. They can help determine what kind of infestation you have. Silverfish droppings look like tiny black peppercorns, often missed or swept up unnoticed because of their small size.
- Silverfish shed their skins during their life cycle, and these scales can trigger allergic reactions in humans.
- Icon Pest knows everything needed to eliminate your pest problem successfully. We are a full-service pest control and wildlife removal company. We help control all types of issues, including ones with rodents, spiders, flies, cockroaches, and termites.
Here are some tips for pest prevention in general.’
- Seal all outside openings and cracks with caulking so insects can’t enter the building.
- Remove shelter, water, and food sources that pests are looking for in your space. Ensure garbage cans have tight-fitting tops and are moved away from your house or building.
- In the pantry, seal food in air-tight containers.
- Put door sweeps and add weather stripping to close up gaps around windows.
- Replace ripped window screens.
- Trim all vegetation, so no branches or bushes touch the exterior walls.
- Sweep or vacuum often so there are no crumbs left behind.
- Clean gutters regularly to ensure water runs away from your home or building.
- Ensure that any cracks around baseboards, windows, doors and trim are sealed with caulking.
Eliminate Silverfish in Newmarket
Icon Pest experts know animal biology, so you know they do the job humanely. They are certified and prepared to get their hands dirty, so you don’t have to.
If you are looking for help, Icon Pest is ready! Icon Pest also has a 100% money-back guarantee; your satisfaction is our goal.