We specialize in providing ant removal services to homes, restaurants, and other businesses all across Ontario.
Is it time for you to hire a company for spider treatment in Toronto? A large percentage of the population are afraid of spiders. Yet spiders are helpful, not harmful. They help control the insect population!
There are many known species of spiders, with over 3000 calling North America home. Some spiders are found in our basements since they are attracted to moisture. Other spiders prefer dry environments, they are found near air vents, attics, upper corners in houses, and vaulted ceilings. Icon Pest can help you figure out the perfect treatment plan depending on your needs.
Spider Treatment in Toronto
Spiders rarely bite humans, yet they could be aggressive when people disturb their nests or web. That is where Icon Pest can come in and help. Our experts are trained in wildlife behavior and know what to do!
When hiring a pest control company, inspection is the first step and is crucial for a successful diagnosis and treatment. The second step is the diagnosis, which confirms the type of pest infestation and the factors that contributed to it.
The third step is the prescription, which is the actual treatment plan. The last and final step is ensuring the treatment was successful.
How to Get Rid of Spiders?
There are several steps that people can take to deter spiders from moving into their personal spaces. Here are our top tips to get rid of spiders and help prevent them from invading your property.
Indoor Tips to Deter Spiders
Cleanliness is a significant factor in keeping spiders out of your house. Cleaning food particles and dusting regularly will keep your home clean and free of insects. You can also use various natural deterrents around the house, including peppermint oil, vinegar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Sweep and vacuum all areas where you see spiders or spider webs. Use the vacuum attachments to get into all the cracks and crevices around your home.
- Declutter your residence, i.e: containers, storage boxes, and stacks of books or magazines. We don’t want spiders to have places to hide!
- Keep all the food products in your pantry closed and covered.
- Seal all pet food; don’t leave out their food for long periods of time.
Outdoor Tips to Deter Spiders
- Sweep down all webs around your house.
- Turn off outdoor lights, so there are fewer insects around your home.
- Plant natural deterrents, like Eucalyptus plants, around your home.
- Seal all exterior cracks. Especially doorways, door frames, windows, and basement walls.
- Remove piles of wood or rotting leaves and other vegetation from around your home
- Move all trash cans away from the house to prevent insects
Common Spiders You Find in Ontario
Here are the most common spiders you will find in our area. To identify these spiders, look at pictures of them here. Most are harmless and are beneficial to humans because they prey on pests and don’t want to be around people and actions.
- Banded Garden Spider
- Cross Orbweaver
- Yellow Garden Spider
- Cob Weaver
- Yellow Sac Spider
Did you Know?
Sometimes when we learn more about a species, they become less scary. Here are some spider facts for you.
- Spiders have eight legs.
- Most species have eight eyes.
- They usually have a hollow, clawlike fang used on their prey; they are carnivores.
- Most spiders have venom, but it is so weak that it doesn’t harm people.
- Spiders are seldom aggressive towards humans. They usually only bite if they are trapped or injured.
- Webspinners attack prey by entrapping them in webs. Active hunters chase their target while ambush hunters jump out at their prey.
Icon Pest Can Help You Treat Spider Infestations in Toronto
Is it time to get help? Call IconPest today to learn more about our services at (647) 325 9060. Or email us at INFO@ICONPEST.CA. Additionally, Icon Pest offers a 100% money-back guarantee. We will give you a full refund if you are not satisfied with our service. We also have a 100% wildlife-proof against any future entry!
Icon Pest has a 10% discount on all services for all of their first-time customers. With our 25 years of experience in pest control and wildlife removal, Icon Pest is the best option for spider treatment in Toronto.