Hire Bat Removal Services in Toronto
Toronto is the capital of Ontario and the biggest city in Canada. The topography of Toronto is primarily flat, but the flat land is interrupted by the Toronto ravine system. These cuts of creeks and rivers offer numerous caves for bats to dwell. As home development spreads, bats continue to look for new, dark places to roost.
In and around Ontario, there are about eight species of bats. The two most common types of bats are little bats and big brown bats. Most often, when you see a bat in Toronto, it’s probably the big brown bat.
Bats get a bad rap. From movies to Halloween, bats are perceived as spooky, dangerous, and full of disease. But in reality, bats are beneficial to our ecosystem. One adult bat can eat up to 600 insects in an hour, and a nursing mother bat can eat up to 4,000 insects a night! The chances of getting rabies from a bat are also remarkably slim. So let’s enjoy the bats, as a colony can keep neighborhood insect levels to a manageable level. And still, let’s keep them out of your home or office.
Icon Pest will come to your home or office and do an in-person inspection. Our technicians will be able to provide you with a thorough description of your bat problem. Based on the assessment, our staff will explain where the main entry points are in your home or office and other entry points, and even potential entry points. Icon Pest always offers a personalized solution and customizes plans depending on your unique wildlife issue.
The Danger of Bats on Your Property in Toronto
Under ideal conditions, a brown bat can live a long time – up to 30 years! Big brown bats – which aren’t that big, just 13 centimeters, only live about nine years. Once a bat finds a roost, they don’t like to relocate. So if they have decided that your attic is their home, they will be there for a while.
And even though bats aren’t as scary and dangerous as they seem in the movies, allowing a bat colony to live in your home will decrease your property values and create potential harm to you and your family.
- Bat urine
- Bats urinate wherever they roost. The main concern with bat urine is not human health-related, but the high concentration of uric acid in bat urine means it corrodes materials such as metal. There have been incidents where people thought they had a water leak in their attic, but in reality, bat urine ate through the home’s interior.
- Bat droppings are called guano. Bat droppings can carry disease.
- Histoplasmosis is a respiratory infection caused by breathing in spores found in bat guano. When you disturb bat droppings, like trying to clean up the mess, the spores are airborne. If histoplasmosis spreads beyond the lungs, it may be fatal.
Always wear face-covering when inspecting bat droppings. Always hire a professional to clean up bat droppings to keep you and your family safe.
- The chances of a rabid bat biting you and you get rabies are minimal. More common is a family pet interacting with a rabid bat, and the pet gets rabies. However, humans can still contract rabies from a bat if infected saliva comes in contact with any open wounds or scraps or comes in contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth. Keep in mind; it’s almost impossible to tell if a bat is rabid. Usually, it needs to be sent to a laboratory to determine the health of a bat.
- Dead Bats
- The smell of a trapped, dead bat and its accompanying urine and guano is unpleasant. Not removing a dead bat invites insects to feed on the decomposing mammal.
- The odor of a bat colony is pungent and unpleasant. Although the smell itself is not harmful to humans, it will decrease the property values and reduce your quality of life living in a bat-infested home.
Why Hire Icon Pest for Bat Removal in Toronto?
Icon Pest responds quickly to client calls so you can start living a bat-free life. We have over twenty-five years of experience in pest control and wildlife removal. Icon Pest ensures your home is 100% wildlife-proof against any future bat entry. First-time customers receive 10% off any of our services. And if you aren’t completely satisfied, we will give you a full refund.
Icon Pest always humanely removes bats from your property. The humane and legal way to remove bats is through a process called “exclusion.”
- Find the entry and exit point and install a Batcone – A Batcone is a tube-shaped device made out of plastic or acrylic and has a downward pitch and slippery surface. Bats can exit the space quickly but are prevented from reentry. Netting is also used and works the same as a Batcone.
- Suit up & Clean up – We’ll clean the urine and droppings from your space, and we’ll be protected from dust and insulation fibers.
- Find every hole on the roof and every crack in the siding – Bats only needed inches of space to enter an attic. Icon Pest combs every inch of the exterior to find all holes and gaps and caulk every possible entry point.
- Attach a screen attic vent (if applicable) – Bats can even roost in a louver attic vent.
- Spray deodorizer – With bat removal, it’s not enough to remove the bats. You need to remove the odor too.
Our technicians at Icon Pest are well-trained to assist you with the best and most effective bat removal in Toronto. We have access to the right tools and equipment to effectively help you find a long-term solution to keep your property bat-free. Removing these pests from chimneys and attics must be done effectively to ensure a long-term solution.
Contact Icon Pest for Bat Removal in Toronto Today!
Call us at (647) 325 9060 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today to get a free estimate in Toronto! If you are ready to tackle your bat problem right away, we proudly offer same-day service.
We also offer raccoon removal, groundhog removal, squirrel removal, skunk removal, and dead animal removal, in addition to raccoon removal.
Do you have a pest problem in Toronto? We offer ant removal, cockroach removal, rat removal, mice removal, bed bug removal, carpenter ant removal, wasp and hornet removal, and commercial pest control.