No one wants to deal with skunks, but Icon Pest can help with all skunk removal in Caledon. Not only are they stinky, but their odour can even cause nausea and vomiting. Burning eyes is yet another negative side effect of a skunk’s spray. Skunks often carry rabies. There is a long list of reasons skunks should not be part of your property.
Skunks often burrow under sheds, decks, stairs and stoops. They destroy lawns by digging holes when looking for grubs, one of their favourite food sources. If you have a den of skunks on your property, contact the professional to help you remove them by using traps and figuring out preventive measures to avoid future issues.
Icon Pest experts keep your family safe by getting these wild animals away from your home or business. Working with us gives you a peace-of-mind and one less thing to worry about in your life. Our 25 years of experience makes us a leader in the industry. Let us come up with a removal plan for your situation.
Skunk Removal in Caledon
Skunk removal involves coming up with a plan. Not only do they need to be removed from your property, but you also need to ensure that other skunks don’t try to replace the old ones.
Icon Pest starts with an inspection of your property. After a thorough examination, we offer budget-friendly treatment plans, and together we decide what to do. We try to provide multiple solutions and then follow through to get rid of the problem.
After removing the skunks, we start doing the preventative work, so no more skunks enter your space. Our technicians end the job by cleaning up the area and answering all questions you may have.
If you discover a problem after hours, don’t worry. We offer 24-hours on-call free estimates for emergencies.
How to Get Rid of Skunk Smell
The odour a skunk leaves behind can end up staying in your home for days or even weeks if not treated or ventilated. Here are some ways you can eliminate the smell from your space.
- Mix the following ingredients and rub them into your pet. Keep the mixture on your pet for five minutes, and then rinse off. This mixture will neutralize the odour. Be aware that hydrogen peroxide can discolour fabric. Washing your pet as soon as possible is essential so the smell does not sink in.
- 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide
- one teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap
- 1/4 cup baking soda.
- If you or someone in your family gets sprayed, wash with a grease-cutting dish detergent or soak in a baking soda bath for 20 minutes. Add four cups of baking soda to hot water.
- Fresh air is the best way to clear out the foul air. If a skunk sprays in your house or basement, open up windows to air out the rooms. Turning on fans gets the air circulating even more! Open up the shades since sunlight oxidizes the smell.
- Light candles since the flames can help break down the odour molecules.
- Use odour-absorbing products, like Fresh Wave Gel. These products absorb the smell in the air.
- Putting out bowls of ground coffee or vinegar can help absorb the odour from the air.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a water and bleach mixture. Test this mixture on wood or ceramic tile before applying it all over the surface.
- Replace all filters in your home. Filters are in air conditioners, the furnace, and heaters.
Icon Pest Will Help You with Skunk Removal in Caledon Today!
Is it time to get help? Icon Pest offers same-day service, has a 100% warranty, and is an award-winning company. If your skunk problem is out of control, call in the professionals. We are willing and ready to help you whenever needed! Get a free estimate here. You can read testimonials from happy clients here.
We always offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied, we will give you your money back. We promise to make your property 100% skunk-proof against any future entries! We deal with all your issues concerning skunk removal in Caledon.